Jennifer Lawrence got cheeky with the cameras at this year’s Golden Globe Awards as she was announced as a nominee in the Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy category.
Lawrence, who was up for her role in the raunchy rom-com No Hard Feelings, looked straight into the camera as her name was announced and mouthed the words, “If I don’t win, I’m leaving,” keeping her face mockingly serious and jerking her thumb toward the exit.
Her jokingly dramatic reaction was applauded on X, where Lawrence’s fans celebrated another reason to love the hilarious and iconic actor.
One fan suggested Lawrence step in for Globes host Jo Koy, tweeting, “can we get jennifer lawrence to host the golden globes because she’s actually funny,” as another simply shared, “Jennifer Lawrence, we love you,” with a red heart emoji.
Can’t get enough of the 2024 Golden Globes? Follow along with Decider’s coverage, including:
- Taylor Swift gave a death stare to Jo Koy after he made a joke at her expense
- Who is Jo Koy, host of the 2024 Golden Globes, whose opening monologue was met with awkward silence and very little laughter?
- Jennifer Lawrence’s threat: “If I don’t win, I’m leaving”
- Jim Gaffigan’s “pedophile” joke met with stunned silence from Hollywood elite
- How to watch the Golden Globes 2024: Time, Channel, Livestream Information
- Golden Globes Nominations 2024: Complete list of movie & show nominees
Lawrence was up against Fantasia Barrino, Natalie Portman, Alma Pöysti, Margot Robbie and Emma Stone. While she did not win the Golden Globe, she did thankfully stay at the ceremony, and her reaction to the winner was just as good, if not better, than her initial bit with the cameras.
When Stone was announced as the winner for her work in Poor Things, Lawrence couldn’t contain her excitement. Throwing both hands up in the air, Lawrence cheered, stood up from her seat and applauded as she shouted out her close friend.
The Golden Globes are airing live from 8 p.m. ET to 11 p.m. ET tonight on CBS.